Unfamiliar with the "a11y" numeronym? Check out "What is a11y?".
Happy (hopefully chill) Friday! End of the week and you don't want to dig into a new big ticket, but want to make an impact? DO deploy, and make it an accessibility ("a11y") fix.
Maintaining accessibility in your websites and applications takes consistent attention -- just like monitoring performance. It's not a one-and-done.
So many options:
- A personal site or side project
- An open source site you can contribute to
- A site you contribute to at your day job
Run an accessibility audit.
All sizes are impactful.
- Teeny: Fix one issue.
- Small: Fix multiple issues!
- Medium: Create informative issues or tickets capturing work that needs doing based on your audit findings.
- Large: After creating issues for yourself and others, start working through them!
If you make one small change, you've made the internet a better place today.